7.06.2005

4th of july

All in All it has been an amazing 4th of July weekend. Bummer, no pictures though.

Dena and I finally collided by miracle. It was such a delight to see her; we actually stayed up until 8 am talking. I miss her presence and her laugh so much. It feels so good to be a phone call away instead of a continent.

Many of you many know that my phone has broken and will be replaced soon. So….If you think I have your phone # you are wrong. If you are expecting a phone call….um don’t hold your breath, just call.

We spent our 4th of July at Jonathan Moska’s birthday/Independence day party with Sean’s family. Both the people and the food were amazing. The whole day was delicious. I have only met some parts of this family around the holidays; I look forward to future run ins with them.

Later in the evening William twisted our arms and convinced us to ride bikes down to the riverfront and watch the fire works. It was so beautiful that my sort of cried (as I am known to do at times). I love the effort, ingenuity, and expensed that goes into a brief moment of glory and beauty. I love that as a culture we find this valuable. All of the tiny explosions of light and noise last only for a moment and leave behind ghostly trails that remain in the atmosphere until the sun comes up. AAAhhhh.

Then we had a frozen irish coffee at Monahan's cuz it was crazy hot.

And….

We finally finished the stairs!!!!! They are so gorgeous and Sean worked very hard on them for a long long time. Soon we will have to refurbish the rest of the house to match, cuz they are classy. They are sanded, stained (Hawaii blue) and shellacked.

Also....

Tuesday morning Sean discovered our house on the front page of the newspaper. It is good to have some press…..but then again maybe not. We are figuring out how to handle the press. I will scan the article and put it up this week.

No comments: